Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
Coastal Engineering Co., Inc. is seeking a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator to provide operation, maintenance, and testing services for wastewater treatment systems and to provide technical support to project managers and staff engineers.
Job duties include:
- Conduct operation and maintenance service inspections of Massachusetts-approved I/A wastewater treatment systems.
- Perform sampling for compliance testing in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Perform mechanical and electrical repairs of treatment system equipment as needed.
- Prepare written field reports documenting services performed.
- Assist other technical personnel and staff engineers to provide backup support as required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Massachusetts Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator’s License and valid Massachusetts driver’s license.
- Mechanical skills to effectively troubleshoot problems and resolve issues.
- Meet required schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with other staff, clients, and the public, both orally
and in writing.
- Moderate lifting of equipment and supplies (up to 80 lbs.) is required.
Coastal Engineering Co., Inc. has offices in Orleans, Sandwich, and Nantucket, all just a few miles from beautiful Cape Cod beaches. Recreational and cultural opportunities abound. The company offers an attractive benefits package including health, dental, disability, and life insurance, 401K, and a generous holiday and paid time off package. EOE.